The practice of reducing, reusing and recycling has been around for many years. Yet, there are still laws being passed to save our environment. Not every one has caught up. Here are some simple yet effective steps you can take today to help save our environment:
- Avoid Styrofoam and plastic products. There are still some folks that use this toxic product to serve food. Most cities have done away with the use of styrofoam products but not all. Ask for bio degradable containers.
- Look for pump sprays and never use an aerosol. Avoid those products that still use aerosol sprays.
- Purchase reusable products such as large canvas tote bags for shopping, glass containers, rechargeable batteries, washcloths and cloth napkins.
- Reuse as much as you can: start with paper bags, plastic bags, cardboard boxes, glass and plastic bottles
- Shop at your local farmers market. Take advantage of fresh produce that you can’t get in the store. When shopping at the farmers market be sure to bring your large canvas tote bags.
- Remember “hand me downs”? Try it. Borrow or rent items that you only need infrequently. Keep items you own in good repair and loan to neighbors.
- Buy in BULK. Get the refill containers and save money.
- When you can’t find what you want in sustainable packaging, voice your objections to stores and manufacturers.
- Ask for biodegradable products everywhere you shop.
Use your imagination and you’ll come up with more ideas on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle!